Subject: [Leica] Does the process matter?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Feb 12 12:01:01 2008

> I just bought some original Chinese calligraphy ranging from 1600s to
> 1900s, each for ~$60, produced by famous calligraphers. The carbon
> pigment ink lasts hundreds of years, as are the rice paper.
>
> At 10:56 PM 2/11/2008, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> The average million dollar Jackson Pollock or you name it oil painting
>> starts falling off in chunks before you even get it home.
>> Every morning you come downstairs for coffee there's chucks of paint on
>> the
>> floor in front of the painting. You don't want your dog to eat them.
>> Most 20th century painters didn't understand how paint works.
>> Owning a priceless painting often requires an additional priceless amount
>> of
>> money to maintain it year after year..
>> Its a myth that graphics process like a silver print are more tenuous
>> than a
>> painting.
>>
>> They are more tenuous than a rock sculpture.
>> Paintings are non permanent for sure. By a mile.

That art form sure consisted of people who understood their materials.
Modern oil painting is a relatively new art form. A product of technology.
Paint out of tubes.
Most painting now I'm sure is done with acrylics.
The RC print of painting.
Only better.

Last week I bought a quill pen so I can write like Jane Austen.
Right next to it they were selling calligraphy brushes and I almost got one.
Thought I would later.

Photography means "writing with Light" I think.
We all then need to work on our penmanship.

A Leica makes a great light writing tool I think.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] Does the process matter? Mark)