Subject: [Leica] Negative scanner question
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Sun Feb 10 15:42:50 2008

Thanks Jim
I've been hearing good things about Minolta scanners as well as Plusteks
The 7200 seems to be cheap.
See Ya
Javier> From: jhnichols@bellsouth.net> To: lug@leica-users.org> Subject: Re:
[Leica] Negative scanner question> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 17:29:34 -0600> >
Javier,> > When I set out on a similar mission, I looked into the scanners
available > and found that an early Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II met my
needs. It has a > USB interface and works well with Windows XP. I can't
recall what I paid on > the auction site, but it was in the neighborhood of
$100.> > Jim Nichols> Tullahoma, TN USA> ----- Original Message ----- >
From: "Javier Perez" <summarex@hotmail.com>> To: "Leica Users Group"
<lug@leica-users.org>> Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 1:39 PM> Subject:
[Leica] Negative scanner question> > > > Hi Everyone.> I finally talked
myself into buying a dedicated negative scanner.> Unfortunately it's 10
years old and probably obsolete. It's an original SCSI> HP photosmart
C5100A.> > Here's the auction> >
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31&Item=260210347580>
 > > > So I was wondering, just how bad is this thing or rather how much
better is > a modern scanner and How much should I be looking to spend?> > I
have also seen something called a Stratford Labs IS-505 scanner with 5mp >
and a 4 element lens for under 100.> Is this one any good?> >
http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/SearchDetail.asp?productID=19138> > I
would like to digitize all of the family pics my dad took. He shot almost >
all of them with his Summarit, Hektor, 90 Elmarit and 35 "extra element" >
Summicron,> so I'm guessing they are sharp enough to make scanner selection
important. I > would hate to have to rescan the whole lot because something
better became > available!> > Any opinions are very much appreciated!> >
Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star >
power.>
http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan>