Subject: [Leica] IMG: Blackwater "Original"
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn)
Date: Wed Feb 6 18:24:08 2008

Moon rise on the Blackwater river in the late autumn and early winter
after the Harvest moon is, for me, a stunning and mystical
experience. The full moon is rising over the pine trees. You can
smell the water. The Sun is setting over your right shoulder.
Thousands of Geese are flying around honking at the top of their
lungs looking for dinner and a place to spend the night. It's cold
and windy.Things are happening very quickly. It's exciting and it's
all over in ten minutes. I have always wanted to make a picture to
share this experience. Here is the evolution of the Blackwater
Moonrise I posted on Sunday.

If you just point a camera at the moon rise it looks like this.

    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Moon_1.jpg.html

If you wait a few minutes it looks like this.

    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Moon_2.jpg.html

The first doesn't rise to the level of a snapshot and the second
doesn't exactly say what I wanted. So, I took this image.......

    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Base_1.jpg.html

And this image........

    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Base_2.jpg.html

To the lab which does my printing for me and had them combine them.
This was the result.

    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Original.jpg.html

I didn't think that the colors looked natural. Could it have been
fixed in photoshop? Don't know. I desaturated the image, cropped it,
and posted it starting the pasted moon thing.

    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/
Blackwater_Moonrise.jpg.html

Geoff Hoplinson made a few suggestions. I took his advice about
changing the moon. Here is the result.

    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/
Blackwater_Moonrise_2.jpg.html

There you have it. Those are all the pieces. Comments and ideas welcome.

Barney

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Blackwater "Original")
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: Blackwater "Original")
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Blackwater "Original")