Subject: [Leica] IMG: Blackwater "Original"
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Feb 7 09:12:55 2008

Our planetary life is filled with visual miracles.
Photography from it's inception has proved a wonderful tool to
capture and share astounding visual events.
Going through all the work outlined below does not really seem
necessary.

Photographic assemblage and composite artists, with vision, like
Uelsman and others also have things to say and share.

On Feb 6, 2008, at 8:24 PM, Bernard Quinn wrote:

> If you just point a camera at the moon rise it looks like this.
>
>    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Moon_1.jpg.html
>
> If you wait a few minutes it looks like this.
>
>    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Moon_2.jpg.html
>
> The first doesn't rise to the level of a snapshot and the second
> doesn't exactly say what I wanted. So, I took this image.......
>
>    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Base_1.jpg.html
>
> And this image........
>
>    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Base_2.jpg.html
>
> To the lab which does my printing for me and had them combine them.
> This was the result.
>
>    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Original.jpg.html
>
> I didn't think that the colors looked natural. Could it have been
> fixed in photoshop? Don't know. I desaturated the image, cropped
> it, and posted it starting the pasted moon thing.
>
>    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/
> Blackwater_Moonrise.jpg.html
>
> Geoff Hoplinson made a few suggestions. I took his advice about
> changing the moon. Here is the result.
>
>    http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/
> Blackwater_Moonrise_2.jpg.html
>
> There you have it. Those are all the pieces. Comments and ideas
> welcome.

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com