Subject: [Leica] IMG: New York Times is hosting the Polling Place Project
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Tue Feb 5 12:08:50 2008

The New York Times is hosting the Polling Place Project, a nationwide
experiment in citizen journalism that encourages voters to capture,
post and share photographs of this year?s primaries, caucuses and
general election.  By documenting local voting experiences,
participants can contribute to an archive of photographs that captures
the richness and complexity of voting in America.  Check it out at:
http://pollingplaces.nytimes.com/content.cfm/home

So, I took my M8 and 28 mm lens with me to vote this morning, and the
photos were posted as part of the project.  ISO was 640, f/5.6, color
balance auto, new 1.201 firmware.  Check this out (this link should
take you there):

http://tinyurl.com/2knerl

The workers were delighted to have their photo taken, and even more
delighted to have someone stop and chat with them.

If you have not voted yet, take your camera!

PS, the law in California allows photos at the polling place if you do
not intimidate voters.  That translates to just ask permission.  And,
offer to send them a copy by email.

Regards,
Bob Rose