Subject: [Leica] Re: Didier PAW #05 and alternates
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Feb 4 13:09:17 2008

Mike

The pictures from week 5 are all made at the Albis, a hill near Zurich, at
850m altitude approximately. The snow was about 30cm deep. Enough for
tobogganing and snowball battles, but not much compared to the alpine
regions where we actually have tons of snow, at most skiing places here in
Switzerland. Pics of week 4 are from approx. 600m altitude, and down in the
city (400m alt.) there was no snow at all, so far. In general the winters
have become warmer, here, too, but it's difficult to estimate what's climate
change and what's statistic fluctuation. We've had brown winters 35 years
ago, and 2.20m of snow in the city of Zurich, three years ago. It can also
strongly vary from alpine region to region.

Didier