Subject: [Leica] Ernie Pyle remembered
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Feb 4 13:03:02 2008

Someone (can't remember who) posted a link to the recently discovered photo
of WW2 correspondent Ernie Pyle.  He lived here in Albuquerque at the time
of his death.  His house is about a mile from where I live and it's now a
public library branch.  Inside it is still pretty much as it was when he
lived there except for the bookshelves.  His bathtub is used to store
periodicals now (really!).  I just drove by and took a snap:

http://tinyurl.com/3ys7aq

His old typewriter is there too:

http://tinyurl.com/2vznkd

--