Subject: [Leica] Concert photography: 200mm long enough?
From: gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Mon Jan 28 00:37:33 2008

I use a Nikon 70 - 200 f2.8 (x1.5 on my Nikon so 105 to 300) IS lens,
and I use the full range of the lens. The other thing I would add is
the, IMHO, the 2.8 is vital as I am often working wide open at 1/30 or
1/50 even at 800iso. Stage lighting is remarkably deceptive, and
metering off black faces makes it even more so.

Go to www.stockuk.co.uk and look at 'Music' (especially the sub file
'Jazz') on the left side.

Good luck, it ain't easy!

Gerry