Subject: [Leica] small range finder for cycling
From: rhc3vt at hotmail.com (Richard Coutant)
Date: Sun Jan 27 18:09:52 2008

Adam - I ride slowly, but sometimes all day, weather permitting, and hope to
keep on riding for a long time.  I'll be sixty in April.  I usually carry a
Contax T2, which is probably the most used camera I own.  I also like the
Rollei 35S with b&w film and a yellow filter.  I have an Olympus XA and a
Minox 35GT, but these get used much less often.  The Olympus is really a
travel camera for long exposures in dark churches.  I like how you can hold
the Minox upside down against your forehead and use the lens door as a
sunshade, but I think the T2 lens in noticeably better.
Sometimes I carry a folding 35mm like a Retina or Vitessa, but the need for
a handheld meter is awkward.  Once in a while I pack a IIIa with collapsible
Elmar (on-topic here!).
I like bike bags - handlebar bags, saddlebags, etc.  I have a canvas
saddlebag with little pockets on each side that just fit a small camera.
Often I stop and snap a shot without even getting off the bike.
As far as digital is concerned, I own a Contax TVS, but I still don't think
of it as photography.  I do cart it around on my bike.
I hope you get back to riding.  It is a way to see stuff that otherwise goes
by too fast.

Richard