Subject: [Leica] Independent film labs and photo stores
From: mstoesz at wyoming.com (Mike Stoesz)
Date: Fri Jan 25 05:42:05 2008

Howdy from Wyoming;

I would like to do an online survey of the members of this list about the
availability of local independent (non-chain store) photo processing labs
and camera stores.  I own such a store/lab in Laramie, Wyoming, USA so the
trends of the industry are very important to my future and the direction I
take in providing services to my clients.

1.  How many local independent stores/labs were in your vicinity 5 years
ago? Vicinity meaning comfortable driving distance that you could use them
on a regular basis.

2.  How many local independent stores/labs are there today?

3.  What services were offered by the stores of 5 years ago?  And what
services did you use?

4.  What services are offered today by the stores in your vicinity?  And
what services do you currently use?

5.  What services were missing 5 years ago that you could have used or
needed then and now?

6.  What services or products do you see a need for today?

7.  What services or products would you like to see offered in 2-4 years?

Many thanks to all,

Mike Stoesz
Laramie Digital/Photo Center
Laramie, Wyoming, USA