Subject: [Leica] walt - all kidding aside
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Wed Jan 23 07:14:10 2008

Daniel

 From time to time I load c-41 for the ease of processing (at Walgreens)
Unfortunately, I've yet to be convinced Walgreen's machines are as
consistent as my Nikkor Tanks.  I may be suffering from the "look
backward" affliction. This is the same disease which keeps folks
salivating about 50 year-old lenses.

In any case, the digital age is here. What I've noticed about it is the
push for excessive shooting and over cataloging. The hunt for the image
(by shooters) seems to have been replaced by  massive categorizing(by
editors) I wonder when photographers will be totally replaced by
security cameras mounted just about everywhere? I can imagine effete
intellectuals sipping latte and pulling the days news up on demand.
Banks of screens telling all. Winston, that time is coming and you will
love /*BIG BROTHER*/..

Until then, Daniel, try some Kodak Ultra 400. It behaves more like b&w
film than any other color I've tried. Whatever you do, don't feel bad
about not craving the smell of hypo. I just count myself lucky my
fingernail didn't turn black. :-)

Walt