Subject: [Leica] walt - all kidding aside
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Jan 23 07:24:23 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 4:14 PM, Walt Johnson <walt@waltjohnson.com> wrote:

>  From time to time I load c-41 for the ease of processing (at Walgreens)
> Unfortunately, I've yet to be convinced Walgreen's machines are as
> consistent as my Nikkor Tanks.  I may be suffering from the "look
> backward" affliction. This is the same disease which keeps folks
> salivating about 50 year-old lenses.

Thanks Walt. I still process my film, but I don't need to go into the
darkroom to do that. I've got it down to a routine. I know it takes 30
minutes from loading the reels to hanging up the film to dry.

What time are we going to eat, I ask.
She looks at her watch and replies
You have time.

It's such a habit that even my wife knows how long it takes.

I conveniently plan it to 30 minutes before we eat so I don't have to
set the table.

:-)

I think you're on to something about the mass-shooting. I notice that
when I go somewhere, I take a digital card that is the equivalent to
how many rolls of film I'd take in the past. Sitting in front of the
computer for extended lengths of time is not fun either.

I also notice that I've given up on the in camera metering of my
Nikons. My trusty little Gossen DigiSix is still the best.

The digital age is here. It doesn't bother me. I do both. I have
noticed, though, that when I shoot digital for a PAW, it takes forever
to get done. I'm always late. I have no idea why. I do a PAW for the
fun of it.

But I quit using standard hypo :-)

Daniel

Message from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] walt - all kidding aside)