Subject: [Leica] Extenders
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Jan 21 10:49:56 2008

Tarek,

The shoulder stock on both the 400 and 560 6.8's are more for
stability then anything else. While you can easily handhold the
lenses without the stock, your view will wander all over because of
it's length and light weight. I think the stock makes a big
difference and wouldn't use either of these lenses without it or at
least a monopod. It is also very difficult to duplicate the sharpness
of these lenses using shorter focal lengths and extenders. You can
probably get a very nice 400 for $500 or less.

Regards,
Len