Subject: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Jan 16 05:43:44 2008

Thanks Harrison,

I'll be in Atlanta next week. I'd like to see an M8. Throughout the '90s I
worked a block away from Camera World of Oregon - both the old store and the
new store before and after they sold to Ritz. The day something new came out
I was able to see it up close and personal.

Much of what I currently own was bought new or used from Pro Photo Supply in
NW Portland (near Mark R's old digs). It was nice to live in a state with no
sales tax.

It's been a long time since I've even been in a camera store. That may be
why I haven't bought anything new in a while. Probably half the Leica stuff
I own was acquired via the LUG.

Last time I sold anything was to a LUG member. That was some time ago. I
sold a 35/2 M with eyes under the terms of, "try it and if you want it send
me a check". It was to a very active member at the time who indicated he
wanted it to use on his M3. About a week later I saw the lens appear on that
on-line auction site, which was then relatively new. The final bid was more
than double what I'd sold it to the LUG member for. He finally sent me a
check about a month later, no doubt after he'd received payment. I've never
had a bad experience buying or selling on the LUG. Even that "consigner"
experience wasn't bad. It was interesting in a na?ve sort of way. :-)

DaveR