Subject: [Leica] M3 needs tune up
From: johnfranchi at msn.com (john franchi)
Date: Mon Jan 14 18:32:12 2008

Joe
Who did you have redo the M3 please?

John<html><div><FONT color=#3366ff>John</FONT></div></html>> From:
joelct@singnet.com.sg> To: lug@leica-users.org> Subject: RE: [Leica] M3
needs tune up> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:26:34 +0800> > John - welcome to
the LUG> > I had my two stroke M3 totally CLA'd with a change of winder
mechanism> (rare one) and finally black painted - it came back in gorgeous
form> and humming along merrily - the carry lugs were also replaced with>
Buddha ear lugs> > Joseph Low / Singapore> > -----Original Message----->
From: lug-bounces+joelct=singnet.com.sg@leica-users.org>
[mailto:lug-bounces+joelct=singnet.com.sg@leica-users.org] On Behalf Of
john> franchi> Sent: Tuesday, 15 January, 2008 9:47 AM> To: Leica Users
Group> Subject: [Leica] M3 needs tune up> > > Hi I have just joined - looks
like an excellent group> > This may not be appropriate to ask but I have a
two stroke M3 which could> use a refurb(how much i am not sure - curtin
loose))> > so searching for reasonable reputable places/people> >
suggestions welcome> John <html><div><FONT
color=#3366ff>John</FONT></div></html>> Date: Mon, 14> Jan 2008 20:23:29
-0500> From: vick.ko@sympatico.ca> To:> lug@leica-users.org> Subject: Re:
[Leica] FW: Leica M8 warning> > Oh crap, I> was afraid that you had meant
"the lugs themselves had fallen > off".> > On> a Leica classical M, these
lugs are rivets, and held by actually > deforming> the lugs like a rivet. On
a classical Nikon F, they are held > by set> screws.> > On a Leica M, I've
rarely seen them loose, although I have seen> them loose.> > On an
electronic camera like the M8, I shudder to think what> is > happening with
three metal screws bouncing around. Eventually, wouldn't> > they touch
something that they aren't supposed to, and fry the >> electronics? I would
think a trip to NJ or Solms is in order.> > ...Vick> >> > > Neil Miller
wrote:> > Sorry, I should have posted this.> >> > Neil> >>> >> >
problem. The two screws that hold the metal lug to the camera from the>
inside of the body came loose! It appears that loctite was not applied when>
the camera was assembled. There are two or three screws bouncing around>
inside the camera. Two from the side that came off and possibly one from
the> other lug that is also loose. I had one of the half cases on the camera
so> it was not easy to see something was loose.> >>> >> Neil> >>> >> Neil
A.> Miller> >> Phoenix, Arizona> >> Email: plus_4@hotmail.com> >> Website:>
http://www.neilamiller.com> >>