Subject: [Leica] OT: Value of Rolleiflex
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Jan 14 05:40:50 2008

Jim,

>>I have a close-to-mint 2.8F 12/24 for which I paid far more than $600
in
the summer of 2000. Mint or not, I use it several times a year.<<

That's certainly a nice camera. I'd like to find another Rolleiflex. The
shutter in my 2.8C Xenotar is questionable and I'm not sure it's worth
repairing. I had my 3.5E Planar CLA'd a few years ago. My only regret is
that I didn't have a (Maxwell?) bright screen installed at the time.
Just after I got the E back I came across a used 2.8F Planar priced at
approx what you paid. It had a bright screen. I already had two Rolleis
so I passed. Now I wish that I'd bought it. The bright screen makes a
big difference. The only bad thing about buying an older TLR -- or any
older camera for that matter -- is the potential for repair. The CLA on
my E wasn't inexpensive. It probably cost about what the camera is
worth.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT: Value of Rolleiflex)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] OT: Value of Rolleiflex)