Subject: [Leica] re: When in doubt ask photographer
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 13 17:32:52 2008

Tina Manley offered in response to:

At 06:45 PM 1/13/2008, you wrote:

>And so are idiots. But not when some foreign photographer is staying in
their house with a bag full of gear!

>Just go about your work, but don't claim some magical cloak of invisibility
too, as if...

And Tina said:

>>I give up.  You guys have absolutely no idea how I work.  I will do as
suggested earlier and let my photos speak for themselves. If I have a chance
before I leave for India, I'll put up photos to illustrate what I've been
trying to say.  I should have done that in the first place instead of trying
to talk to a brick wall!

Tina my dear,

Save the time and effort because some of these word and concept twisters
have absolutely no idea what it's like to document subjects in your manner
simply because they're not brick walls, they're brick brained!

Hell even when one explains exactly how a technique can work allowing one to
shoot in an "invisible" oops!  OH, sorry I wont use that word, as it seems
some have tight under shorts over the word and they're all singing soprano
over it.

OK let's try this: A lesson on how to "Shoot in an unobtrusive manner and
not have anyone in the room relate to the fact there's a photographer
clicking away."

What I find unfortunate is, not one person responded to a simple lesson on
how to make discreet, unobtrusive, invisible?  shooting techniques work! But
continue with the stupidity of  "you can't be invisible, how do you know
what they're thinking and every other wiener idea of insipid stupidity
possible!"

Save your breath and energy girl, have a great shoot in India!

ted