Subject: [Leica] Summarit Reviews
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 12 18:08:47 2008

> I agree. The 35/1.2 Nokton is a heck of a lens and a real bargain.
> Ultrafast,
> ultrasharp, and ultrasoft bokeh - just the best of all CV lenses.
> Didier

The 28/3.5 Color-Skopar  $329 Order HERE looks very good to me.
That was pasted from the charming CameraQuest site.
This lens reminds me of the Leica of yesteryear glass.
Small, compact. Sharp as heck. Not pie in the sky priced.
No compromises.  I'll take one.
convex front element
Love that!
Tradional lens design is just groovy using the same old ripped of Zeiss
designs over and over again but I hear they have these new things out there
called "computers" which open up the whole ball game on lens design making
it much more fun. With "Laser" beams and single micron coatings just adding
to the mix. I think in the last ten years they've learned a lot. And the ten
years before that. And the ten years before that. And the ten years before
that. I saw use ALL of it.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Summarit Reviews)