Subject: [Leica] Old Leica lenses
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Jan 12 07:55:03 2008

Hi Luis,

I think the point of this exercise is without a really good CLA or
photoshop these lenses would stay unused on a shelf somewhere. This
particular Summarit will be getting cleaned up. Except for the haze
this lens looks nearly mint. To me it is a thing of beauty and looks
wonderful mounted on my IIIf body, to me one of the most handsome
cameras ever made. But you're right. With traditional films it
doesn't do too well. To me the era of the modern performing lens
started with the Summitar, the later 3.5 Elmar and the collapsible
Summicron. That's just my experience.

Best Regards,
Len