Subject: [Leica] IMG: First Images from New Toy
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Jan 11 09:40:26 2008

Thanks, Nathan, Philippe, and Ric, for looking and for the nice comments.
The fiber is on the poles because the local power company owns and maintains
them.  I've been in this house forty years.  In newer subdivisions, they are
running the fiber underground.  I may be tempted when they announce their
offerings and prices.

I have several of the SMC lenses, including the 200 4.0.  All are nice.  The
advantage of the 50 1.4, in addition to low light capability, is the bright
focusing field it provides.  The Fujica also provides 3-volt metering, which
appears to work well.  The weakness of the Spotmatics is in the metering
circuits.

Thanks again for looking.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA