Subject: [Leica] IMG: First Images from New Toy
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu Jan 10 16:14:38 2008

All,

For many years I have used Leica gear from the 30s, 40s, and 50s, along with
an SLR from the 60s.  I felt it was time to find a more modern film camera
to keep up with the times :-).  Around Christmas I found for sale a 1977
Fujica ST705 and decided it would complement my Pentax Takumar lens
collection.  While I don't really like Fuji 400 color film, I had some and
felt it would at least find out if the camera back light seals would have to
be replaced.  Development and scanning were done at my usual 1-hour lab.

Our local power company is about to get into competition with the cable and
telephone providers in our city.  A couple of weeks ago they ran "Fiber to
the Premises" backbone cable on our block.  The first photo shows the
attendant clutter now on the power pole whitch serves my home.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Connectivity.jpg.html

Looking for some color in January foliage is a problem.  I found some
backlighted Nandina leaves in afternoon sun that were the best of the lot.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Winter+Foliage.jpg.html

So far, no sign of light leaks.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols