Subject: [Leica] Re: December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jan 6 17:03:29 2008

At 06:31 PM 1/6/2008, you wrote:
>What really works well, though, is when a lot of people start talking
>about one picture.  So, for the record, here's my 20 cents on this
>Rex & Marianna shot.
>
>Bob Palmieri

Bob-

I agreed that your shot was worthy of placing, Bob, after I looked at
it carefully.  At first glance, I wondered why?  When you said you
would provide more details, I was looking for more details about Rex
and Marianna and how they ended up and why the photo seems so
desolate and disassociated.  Instead you gave technical details that
aren't important to the photo to me.  The technical details are not
what are grabbing about the photo.  It's the total disassociation of
human reaction and the opposite surfeit of clutter that are the
reasons I'm drawn to this photo.

Your comments to Steve:  "So I can see why you might be bugged to not
have your name among the named."  Are really not worthy of you.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com