Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Rainy Day in Shanghai
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 6 14:08:18 2008

Tina Manley showed:

PESO:

>>A rainy day in Shanghai:

http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/3896589/1/240361166/Large
<http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/3896589/1/240361166/Large%3c%3c%3c>
<<<

Hi Tina,

This is a wonderful example of a comment by the French photographer Marc
Riboud.

Something like, "Bright sunshine is the enemy of photographers! Give me fog,
rain, mist, soft overcast light any day!" Or close to that. And you've
proven him correct! :-)

I'd bet the majority of shooters given the weather conditions would say
something like. "Damn it's raining, no pictures today! Oh well the sun is
supposed to shine tomorrow I'll wait until then."

Put their camera away and continue to blindly walk around trying to avoid
banging into garbage cans and telephone poles!

Mean while look what you've shown a sharp eyed photographer can find on a
rainy day! :-)

Good on you girl!

ted

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: A Rainy Day in Shanghai)