Subject: [Leica] December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Jan 5 13:43:58 2008

I am really surprised by these comments. That is a good lesson on how our
perceptions/impressions can differ. No doubt they will
stimulate a discussion. That can only be good.
For me, while I understand Brian's comments on tone and the background
elements, I don't see it that way. It is an unmanipulated
photograph of a real situation. The light was there and the clutter was
there. It makes a moving scene for me. I don't at all see
the woman as uncaring. Really, though a very emotive and personal photograph.
Regards
Geoff