Subject: [Leica] Some news that's somewhat fit to print
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Jan 2 20:45:12 2008

Ric Carter offered:

>> A life long cat owner who has contemplated the unspeakable from time to
time (notably the last time a feline pissed in a camera bag full of Leica
equipment -- she lives still),<<<<<

Ric thank you,

As I've finally found out I'm not alone with a cat pissing in my camera bag
full of Leica gear at precisely the time I am about to go out the door, get
in the taxi to the airport for an over seas assignment. :-(

There were some very hectic moments of gear and bag change. Not to mention
life expectancy of the cat! Good part? I had several Leica's still in the
cabinet untouched by cat urine! :-) And a couple of extra bags! I dealt with
the cat 4 weeks later! :-) Naw I didn't hurt it, hell he was my cat! :-) I
think he was just ticked off I was going away again.

>>>With all due respect, Ted,

This being the case, you should speak up when someone defends people
LITERALLY responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands<<<

Well you know I would quite vehemently! But this is a Leica Users Group,
photography and cameras. And there are enough already who get it off track.

Besides I've had my share of covering death, destruction and the idiocy of
mankind to man that when I'd answer, it would be at peril of my well being
because I don't mince words about politicians and politics of the world!
Regardless of country.  However this isn't the place to do that!

>> Some amount of dark humor is necessary to survive in this crazy-ass
place.<<<<<

Absolutely without question! Actually I appreciate the dark humour because
without it at times the world is really a very sick place!

The problem is, there are too many people without any sense of humour, dark,
sick or otherwise, nor understanding of what is offensive and what's just
good old fashion humour.

We don't have any disagreement, the LUG just isn't the place for me to down
load some very deep feelings of how politicians deal with the lives of other
people.

A slight switch of topic.

I just shot some nice M8 images with the VC 35mm f 1.2 and they are as sharp
and beautiful reproductions as any Leica lens I've ever seen.

I'm about to do some new stuff with the VC 15mm on the M8, of course I
understand the 15 lens on an M8 isn't 15mm.

So I figure if I put the 21mm viewfinder on the top and use it as the basic
image coverage I'll be close? Any suggestions?

You see this is much easier talking photography than ticking off a bunch of
folks in another country commenting about someone in their country and I'm
not a Citizen of it.

Regards,

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Some news that's somewhat fit to print)