Subject: [Leica] Then they invite you into the bathroom...
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Sun Dec 30 08:28:12 2007

On Dec 30, 2007, at 1:30 AM, Geoff wrote:

> Bob, the owl shot is superb. I know that we shouldn't be
> anthropomorphic, but I swear that owl is grumpy from being
> disturbed, or
> maybe he ate a bad mouse the night before.

My Wife the Birder sez that you may be right.  However, she also sez
that this expression of boredom with the likes of us (which I just
barely got standing on toetips with the 400 & shoulder stock)

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/90962480

plus this more squashed-down body posture (back on the pod for the
1/8th second just-before-dusk exposure)

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/90963600

apparently mean that this critter was pretty comfortable with our
intrusion into its world.

> On the compass points incident, I'm undecided if you are not in
> fact digging yourself a hole by adroitly avoiding explaining that
> one ;-)

Such excavations are not unknown to me...

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Then they invite you into the bathroom...)