Subject: [Leica] OT: Monitors - your preferences?
From: octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas)
Date: Sat Dec 29 00:13:44 2007

On 28/12/2007, at 23:40, Benjamin Marks wrote:

> I'm looking at LaCie's 1600X1200 LACIE320 and Apple's Cinema 20"
> Flat -Panel
> Display;

Having played with a wide variety of displays over the years, I do not
like so much -among other things- the high brightness/contrast of most
LCD/TFT (althought once calibrated it's ok), but as great CRT's are
fading it's just a matter of time to get used to them.
Either the Apple or Lacie will do a great service, but take a look to
the eizo's closeouts, they're plainly amazing, even if you get one of
their cheapest models (about $200) for text processing... on the other
hand, if you have in mind that the Eizo's graphic arts stuff includes
profiles with the response of the hardware and calibration hardware to
make them match any output imaginable, plus 5 years of warranty then
they aren't as expensive at they seem. Anyhoo, personally I'd avoid
Benq and some other bottom-line manufacturers as they are usually a
nightmare to calibrate (or impossible) and go off quickly.

good hunt :)

Any day above ground is a good one.
http://luis.imaginarymagnitude.net