Subject: [Leica] Auto sheet feeder with the Epson 3800
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Dec 13 13:18:16 2007

Thanks Brian. Since this is presumably of interest to many printers here, I
might continue the thread a little.
Firstly I have to say that I have the same feeling about the 13x19's as you
have expressed on the 17x22's
You no doubt have better pricing thereabouts. The A3+ CMSR is something like
$7.00 a sheet here! Plus the ink on those ruined
sheets, of course.
The head strike problem with curl that I mentioned only occurred when I was
printing 12x18 on the 13x19. Apparently an unfortunate
combination of the paper being less supported exactly at a point (last half
inch of the print area) that the print head was off the
paper then moving back on. Borderless may well be a workaround.
Another question for you. What platen setting are you using? I need to reset
this every time the printer is off and on. I may be
missing something in how I control the printer there.

Cheers, Geoff
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/