Subject: [Leica] Consensus (? on LUG) on IR filters on M8
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Thu Dec 13 06:21:07 2007

I really like my BW results W/O the IR filter.
Color results seems much better with IR filter and latest firmware.
Especially skin tones.

Side note: after poo-poo'ing the 6 bit thing, I broke down and sent my 3
lenses in for 6 bit encoding.
Mostly because the Noctilux is supposed to focus more accurately with the 6
bit (secret decorder) ring in place (per Leica NJ - might be a cock and bull
story - but I went for it)

Eric