Subject: [Leica] IMG: Steam engine/Finnish Railway Museum
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Dec 12 14:15:00 2007

Thanks, Raimo
I was very pleased to see that people in your country also think its
important to preserve industrial heritage.
Quite spectacular locomotives you showed. I've just been looking at the
Finnish Railway Museum site gallery, and noticed that the funnels
(smokestacks) of quite a few of the steam tlocos are large and conical
for catching sparks - were the locomotives wood fired?
I also saw that at least 3 were built here in Hannover at the Hanomag
factory (now Komatsu earth moving machines),
Cheers
Douglas
BTW, for anyone else interested the Museum is here:
http://www.rautatie.org/web/en/default.asp