Subject: [Leica] IMG: Steam engine
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Tue Dec 11 09:50:38 2007

It looks like a Class WG goods locomotive. Approximately 2500 of these were
built. These, and the  magnificent Class WP passenger locomotives, were
extremely rugged and reliable engines. The types WG and WP were the last
broad gauge steam engines used on the Indian Railways.

The  Class WPs are to my eyes  amongst the best looking steam locomotive
ever made, along with the Class J of the Norfolk & Southern, the streamlined
Class 03 of the DRG and, of course, the A4 of the LNER.