Subject: [Leica] Auto sheet feeder with the Epson 3800
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Dec 12 13:17:18 2007

Mark, I fed about 30 sheets (A4 & A3+) of Crane Museo Silver Rag (300gsm)
through the regular sheet feeder without problems, before
I found out that it is not supposed to work. However, it was all one sheet
at a time, so no advantage in doing it that way. The
paper path for the rear sheet feeder is straighter and the paper seems to be
located more precisely, that is should feed exactly
straight. I encountered print head strikes  on 12x18 prints on 13x19 paper
(through the rear feeder). It is vital to curl back the
corners and edges well before insertion. Also you need a wider than normal
platen gap.
190gsm is thin paper compared to most of the premium types. Only one variant
of the "William Turner" is 190gsm, most of the
Hahnemuhle range is thicker. My every day standard Fuji Premium glossy is
235gsm. It feeds fine from a stack in the regular feeder.

Cheers
Geoff Sends Message