Subject: [Leica] RAW archiving
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun Dec 9 19:36:51 2007
References: <200712080613.lB86CbFq008996@server1.waverley.reid.org> <BAY141-DS1D7181B7B7BAAF791D1ECD4690@phx.gbl> <a2f8f4470712080912p43d31477s42f2fdad7a518ab4@mail.gmail.com> <3cad89990712081924j1dbe1d3am2c2302ad327ff8cd@mail.gmail.com> <437F4B8DBF7D0A7552EF11C4@rutabook.reid.org> <3cad89990712090043w7837523ao5b6f8fdddf5e52f5@mail.gmail.com> <4cfa589b0712091238h7a7e207o5ebe4ae3872d085e@mail.gmail.com> <3cad89990712091848h3639d976m9981c4c33247bf8c@mail.gmail.com> <002c01c83adb$320f6e20$6401a8c0@asus930>

Who says that? Adobe of course!! And in the next breath they tell you to buy
Lightroom. I am scared of any monopoly, they will always behave to maximize
benefit for themselves. There is no altruism in their behavior. All Nikon
said was to use their SDK, which Adobe refused. Which company does not have
proprietary information in their software, and wont fight battles to keep it
that way?

I am not defending Nikon/Canon, just saying that I probably trust them a
little more. BTW, Nikon Capture NX is being give free with the D3 & D300, at
least right now.

BTW, I think its better to support Microsoft, because a lot of the profits,
in terms of a high proportion of Gates' wealth, comes back to the poor and
disadvantaged as charity.

Cheers
Jayanand