Subject: [Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge'
From: phamard at numericable.fr (phamard@numericable.fr)
Date: Sat Dec 8 09:25:14 2007

Douglas,

Leonardo and perspective, cutting edge?
Vermeer and oil, cutting edge?
Georges de la Tour and chiaroscuro, Cutting Edge?
Turner and movement?
Dali and subjectivity? (remember the beautiful postprocessing job you did on
my Dali museum shot)

Well we all know they were not so popular with everyone in their times.

Canvass instead of wood?
Camera oscura used by painters long before other light catching media were
invented?
Potatoe starch used instead of oil?
Silver used instead of potatoe?
Electrons instead of silver?

Who cares when you can choose.

When looking at some of the past and present works, you like, love or hate
them. You may also remain indifferent of course.

The technique used, the medium used, postprocessing, don't matter. What
matters is what you get, what you feel.

Analysis of why, how, and why not, comes long after that - in milliseconds
and brain value. And is often left open to pure metaphysical speculation.

So why not give everyone, every technique, a chance to develop, expand and
become an acceptable and accepted thing for many?

Grusse
Phil...x