Subject: [Leica] Internet Service Interruption
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue Dec 4 19:01:20 2007

On 12/4/07, Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> But I hear they bought Marshall Fields in Chicago and now its called
> Macys.
> I would have left the name stand. That's how its done more than half that
> time anyway.
> Let them think they have some self respect left.
> Like the way the Romans did it.

Yeah, Konica and Minolta merge, and they keep the venerable names.  Then
Sony buys the camera part and gives it a name that I associate with  my TV
and my walkman.

They could have, should have kept the names.  Minolta.  Konica.

 I was at a trade convention once in New Orleans, and Argus had a booth.
They had a  display case with about thirty mint Argus cameras dating back to
before Ted.  I was all excited to see the display, (I have an Argus
collection) but the sales guy really wasn't caught up in the old guys in the
case.  He was trying to hawk the (Chinese?) P&S that were branded Argus.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com