Subject: [Leica] Leica Repair.....
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Sun Dec 2 07:47:48 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 22:23, GREG LORENZO wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I've used Gerry Smith at Kindermann Canada for both in-warranty and
> out of warranty Leica repair and service. Gerry does an excellent
> job for a reasonable price and his turnaround time has always been
> less than 2 weeks.
>
> It was Gerry that converted my M2 to take a TA Rapidwinder a couple
> of years back. He did an excellent job.

Kindermann did the CLA on my M-4P and conversion of some old SLR lens
from 2 to 3-cam. I also had them look at 2 old (broken) SL bodies to
see if they can be fixed. Gerry's recommendation was not to fix them
because the parts alone cost more than the bodies are worth (much as
he would love to fix them - 2 jammed shutters and 2 new prisms -
tropical humidity is brutal).

At that time, about 6 years ago, Gerry told me that Leica USA was
sending them all their old Leica repairs.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] Leica Repair.....)