Subject: [Leica] Leica Repair.....
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Nov 29 18:18:12 2007

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

>We all have had our cameras repaired/adjusted, etc.  Some use Leica official
>service, some use Sherry some use DAG.  ( some of our Canadian friends use
>Kindermann)
>
>Why do you select the service you use?
>
>If your camera were out of warranty, would that change your decision?

If I ever have a camera that needs service within the warranty period I'll
send it to Leica USA.  DAG and Sherry have done equally good work for me, I
prefer DAG because Sherry likes to talk more than I'm willing to listen.  A
damaged lens requiring a new piece of glass goes to Leica USA.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com