Subject: [Leica] Leica Finder opinions....
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Dec 1 20:41:59 2007

Frank, I have one that came from another list member (thanks Bob!). I got it
to use with a 21mm. I also have a (round) CV metal 28
finder.
The Leica unit is functional and it is convenient to have the three lengths
in one unit. In my assessment the eye relief is less
than on the CV unit and there are no brightlines. Nevertheless it does the
job. I haven't noticed any inaccuracy with the framing,
using it mainly with the 28 thus far. It is bright and sharp. There is
visible but not disturbing barrel distortion.
I have looked through the Zeiss 21 and it is marvellous. The best I have
ever seen, by a big margin. Quite expensive though. If I
start shooting a lot with my new 21 I shall probably end up getting the
Zeiss one, despite the cost.
Or the new Frankenfinder if I have an M8 by that time.

Cheers, Geoff
hoppyman@bigpond.net.au
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/