Subject: [Leica] RAM in Laptop
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu Nov 29 17:45:04 2007

Nathan,
 I am a role playing game addict, and I try out new software with impunity,
so Windows has always needed a spring/winter cleaning. Actually the most
irritating thing I find with with Windows is the inability to erase programs
efficiently - muck always remains, both in the Windows directory & the
registry, and this is what makes the performance sluggish. Otherwise, I feel
Windows XP is quite a stable operating system, and I, for one, will not
limit myself to a Mac, which has hardly any installed base, and very limited
choice of software. I have never had a virus infect my system, and its just
a matter of being disciplined and regular with the housekeeping required.
Cheers
Jayanand