Subject: [Leica] Steve Unsworth PAW - week 44_Hoppy
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Nov 25 12:43:42 2007

Hey Hoppy,

Almighty guardian of the Summilux. Yes the 50mm 1.4 Summilux Asph is
a great lens, but so is the Noctilux. I have both and would not get
rid of either. If I only had the Noctilux I wouldn't trade it for
anything. The Noctilux is for the artist. The Summilux is for the
most accurate image one can put on film or sensor. On the M8 the
Noctilux need bow to none from f2 on up. It is a super sharp lens. I
find just a shade of softness at the very edges at f1.4. The center
90% is vitually the same as the Summilux. And it doesn't glow. If you
want glow you shoot the original Summarit wide open at f1.5. Now
that's glow.

Steve, keep the Noctilux. Your photo is beautiful.

Cheers,
Len