Subject: [Leica] looking for a photograph - berlin 1961
From: gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton)
Date: Mon Nov 19 09:38:56 2007

Was this it ?http://timpanogos.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/> Date: Mon, 19 Nov
2007 09:09:06 -0800> From: h_arche@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: [Leica] looking
for a photograph - berlin 1961> To: lug@leica-users.org> > Try ask.com.
Image search checkpoint charlie filtered for B&W.> > Kyle Cassidy
<kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu> wrote: > Okay, google has been of no use in
locating this image -- I know that YOUR collective knowledge is much more
useful, so i'll give you the google search terms i used (and which produced
no useful results, other than a photo of a not-so-unattractive young lady
playing a flute) and see if you can find me a) the image, b) the
photographer c) the story behind the photograph. bonus points to all if you
know what equipment it was taken with.> > Think of it like Quizzo, but
without the free beer at the end (okay, if you figure it out and i ever run
into you, i'll buy the beer). This is what I told google:> > > berlin,
checkpoint charlie, 1961, photograph, boy, soldier, reach, barbed wire> >
What photo am I looking for?> > I shall now sit back and await my next
digest with 40 messages titled "re: kyle cassidy's vast ignorance of famous
leica photos astounds me"> > danke!> > kc> >