Subject: [Leica] IMG Iona and grandpa Fitzgerald work...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Nov 15 07:12:34 2007

On Nov 15, 2007, at 1:20 AM, G Hopkinson wrote:

> No Ted, you are right. Content is the reason to take the photograph.
> Technical discussions are still interesting for some. Quality
> still matters of course, or we would all have 2MP camera phones.
> That phone picture might please grandma but it won't satisfy the
> photographer nor sell too many prints or books! I was trying to
> stimulate a discussion that involved people saying what qualities
> appeal to them and sharing pictures to show those qualities. Big
> emphasis on the sharing pictures part ;-) Anyhoo I don't think I
> have generated too much interest there so far! Back to scanning and
> sharing from about 500 pics left from my visit to the EuroLUG
> folk.

I agree and so well put Hoppy...

do I love my mint S' lux 50 ASPH ?...yes,

is it a better 50 in all ways ?...no,

do I prefer it to my S'lux 50 non ASPH ?...no,

do I need it ?...no,

am I ready to sell it ?...no,

will I sell it next week ?...ahhhh maybe,

if there is interest in SHOWING images bearing the particular
attributes of differing leica lenses...

and if we could arrange that,

well, that might be interesting,

:-)