Subject: [Leica] IMG Iona and grandpa Fitzgerald work...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Nov 14 17:51:55 2007

Aah Steve, you know you want to be involved. Your shots of Iona that started
the discussion are lovely, as I first mentioned. Yes
too, great pictures can come from lots of lens types, no argument. But you
can't get away with "magic" or lack there-of to justify
your opinion of the 50 asph. What kind of magic? Sabrina the teenage witch
magic? Gorgeous Aussie Nicole Kidman (good riddance to
Tom, Katie can have him) Bewitched magic? Very well corrected causing
personally unpleasing bo-ke magic, lower contrast, softer in
the field due to residual aberration magic? I know that you may not want to
be a gearhead on this. That's fine, but show some
pictures and say, I like this rendering because..., or I don't like this as
much because it has ........, For this romantic
portrait/gritty reportage/dramatic fine art warthog close up, I think that
.... lens is the ideal because..... etc

Cheers
Hoppy