Subject: [Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Nov 12 13:03:55 2007

R. Clayton McKee asked:
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 12:35 PM

>>>Ted, any sense of what the shutter / focus lag is like on this one?

I love the photo quality from the little Canons, but at least up

until the G5 the lag between the button push and the shutter coming

unstuck drove me crazier than I already am....<<<

Hi Clayton,

Not really as he wouldn't let me have it hardly in my hands. :-) But he
mentioned something about, "it shoots just like using one of your M
cameras!" As he'd used an M7 and the M8.

When I get my hands on it for some serious play time I'll check out what the
lag shoot time is.

It maybe small in hand but I get the sense it's big on results! We shall
see. So far I'm impressed.

I'm sorry about sounding like a plug for Canon, but these days I think it
behooves us to find out real time experience with some of these machines.
Will they replace an M type? Not ever likely! :-)

ted

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com

Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

P O Box 571900                           voice/fax   713/783-3502

Houston, TX 77257-1900                   cell phone #  on request