Subject: [Leica] which HP or Canon Printers do you folks like
From: michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael)
Date: Mon Nov 12 12:07:42 2007

The HP BP9180 is a fantastic printer, some of the best prints I have
made (note I'm not that serious a printer, but I've had Canon's and
Epson in the past) One of the most un-sung features is the calibration,
typically you just click print and it just works, week after week. There
doesn't seem to be any need to manually calibrate. The colors are
punchy, the B&W is extremely neutral. The ink carts seem to go on and on
- I have never had a clogged head even after a month of not printing.
(These experiences are not something that I could say about Epson, Canon
came closer, but their dye based inks fade quite quickly.) I've tried
some of the non-hp papers and they are ok, need some more
experimentation though...

HP have a web site where you can order free example prints.

Mike