Subject: [Leica] The Trouble I've seen
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat Nov 10 14:37:09 2007

Hi Slobodan,
In my ownership of digital cameras over the last 8 - 10 years ( yes I
am an early adopter and sometimes pay a price for it) the worst has
been the RD1 and now the M8. I had a Nikon D70 fail - and even though
it was out of warranty Nikon repaired it at no charge. The only other
digital requiring service was a Canon 5D(for viewfinder dust problems)
- also done under warranty. Hopefully my next M8 will be the "good"
one and that will tide me over until the next Photokina where I too
hope there will be more M mount digital platforms. Based on my
experiences now with four M8's (two of mine and two loaners) I could
think of a series of improvements which I would hope to see in the
next generation whether from Leica or others (Zeiss Cosina??) - live
view, focus confirmation, auto ISO, programmable focal lengths and f
stops (a la Nikon D200), and a non filter solution to IR magenta issues.
I live in hope. :-)
Cheers
Howard.