Subject: [Leica] The trouble I've seen
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat Nov 10 14:24:08 2007

Hi Phil,
I shot the picture at f16 - to check for dust before cleaning - and
the CCD needs it. Since most of my pix are taken at or near the widest
aperture the dust spots are normally not visible. I don't think the M8
is any more or less susceptible to dust than other digitals but the
new cameras with dust shaking systems - like the Canon 40D and some of
the Olympus models look to be an improvement. The worst dust magnet I
have owned was a Canon 5D. About my luck with the M8 - it seems to be
about the same as with the RD1 - which is a disappointment. Still I
remain optimistic that my problem(s) will finally be solved. I am just
glad it is happening while the warranty is in  place.
Cheers
Howard/

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] The trouble I've seen)