Subject: [Leica] Nobody knows the trouble I've seen . . .
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Nov 9 17:07:38 2007

Hi Luggers,

Remember the replacement M8 that I received on China's National Day
Holiday, Oct 1st, that was delivered by Fedex to me by taxi?? The one
that replaced my original broken shutter M8 which DHL lost for a
month? Well, the replacement has developed a serious case of dead
pixels and is now on its way, via the Leica agent in Hong Kong, back
to Solms for likely replacement. Please see:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/L9994018Xw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/3yvl6r

I am being treated nicely by Schmidt - they are not charging me the
usual HK$500 handling fee - and they have managed to find me a loaner
M8 so I am still out shooting - but I am beginning to have some doubts
about the reliability of M8's - I should hasten to add "in my hands"
because most owners seem not to have had any trouble at all. I expect
the turn around via Schmidt will be six weeks to two months but I
don't care so much since I have a loaner - and hopefully the camera
won't get lost this time.

I am reminded that it took me three tries to get a properly operating
RD-1 so hopefully I will be third time lucky with the M8.

A subdued "cheers" this time from Hong Kong

Howard.

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Nobody knows the trouble I've seen . . .)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Nobody knows the trouble I've seen . . .)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov) ([Leica] Nobody knows the trouble I've seen . . .)