Subject: [Leica] The Trouble I've seen
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat Nov 10 14:49:13 2007

Hi Didier,
Of all the RD 1's I have handled - perhaps 20 in all - only 4 or 5
came out of the factory with accurately adjusted view finders. When I
was having my RD1 view finder problems I actually took a Leica M6 into
Epson Repair in Hong Kong and gave them a lesson on what a rangefinder
is and what the view in an accurately adjusted one should be. The
Epson boys all listened politely but it didn't make any difference at
the factory. When I went to pick up my third replacement they had
three cameras on the conference room table and asked me to choose the
one I preferred. All three had misaligned view finders but the one I
chose had the least misalignment and when I got it home I adjusted it
myself - having practiced on the earlier two units which I had had. I
don't think I can go back to film - I haven't connected my Nikon 4000
scanner to my newish iMac and having just installed Leopard OS10.5 I
doubt if there are any drivers for the old 4000. So I need to wade
through the swamp of digital repairs until I get to the dry other side.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] The Trouble I've seen)