Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 44: going home
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Nov 7 22:41:42 2007

Thanks Didier. A lot of people seem to like this last shot (it is
last mainly because I put them in roughly chronological order). So in
the interest of full disclosure, and also to illustrate the
importance of always having a camera at the ready, I should describe
how it was made:

We had finished walking around Amsterdam and were in the car on the
way home to Almere. It is my habit to keep the camera around my neck
when starting the drive, because to get out of the city I have to go
on the Damrak, a short street leading from the Dam Square to the
Central Station, where we hit the inner ringroad. It is usually at
that point that I put the camera away. The traffic on the Damrak is
always slow, since there are traffic lights, people entering a large
parking garage, pedestrians, cyclists etc. The picture in question
was taken while we were stopped to let some pedestrians pass, and I
noticed the buskers across the street--SNAP. The picture I posted is
heavily cropped, perhaps 1/3 of the image.

But that is why I keep the camera around my neck until I get to the
ring road :-)

Nathan

On 7-nov-2007, at 10:15, Didier Ludwig wrote:

> Nathan
> The street picture at the bottom is my favourite - should be at the
> top! Well composed, good inner dynamics. I specially like the
> pirate-eyed dog's sitting position.
> Didier
>

>> http://www.fotocycle.dk:80/paws/?page_id=108

Nathan Wajsman